Monday, March 26, 2012

Kata 3N1-35 PL Backpack Review



I bought a Kata 3N1-35 PL to replace my LowePro Fastpack 350 camera backpack.
A few key points
1) The padding of the LowePro around the arms and back is much softer and thicker compared to the Kata bag
2) Inside space is about the same actually although the upper storage space in the LowePro is much larger. The lower camera storage space might be slightly larger on the Kata. It does seem deeper.
3) Inside padding is about the same on both bags.
4) Access to the inside of the bag is better in the Kata with openings on both sides
5) The Kata offers many more configurations for shoulder straps
6) Kata comes with a tripod mount. This is a big plus.
7) Kata comes with a rain cover
The last few points are the main reason why I bought the Kata bag. Overall I bet I use both bags at different times.
The LowePro comes with a nice little internal zipper bag as well as memory card slots.
Which bag is better? Very hard to say. I lean slightly toward the LowePro but they both have pro’s and cons overall.

3 comments:

  1. hi. i was just deciding between this 2 bags. I am just an amateur photographer who likes to travel a lot (I have a nikon d7000 and a zoom lens+ flash and filters). when i travel I walk a lot and for long periods of time,so at the end it gets heavy to carry anytingh and it makes important the strips !. Also it is very useful for me having the space to put a jacket, sunglasses, celphone, etc as I leave the hotel early in the morning and go back at night.I also travel with a laptop, or in some cases with a tablet.

    wich one do you think is better? does the kata worths an extra 125 dolars?

    very good post ! I thanks in advance for your help.

    Melina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my email is meliribba@hotmail.com

      Delete
    2. Honestly don't think either bag has room for a jacket. For sure I suggest the LowePro bag now. The LowePro has much better pads and you can wear it for a much longer period of time. The Kata bag does not do well with a lot of weight over a period of time.

      Delete